Spilled..

October 27, 2011

I could not believe that I just burned my hand with half pan of just-boiled water. I was going to make spaghetti aglio e olio, when the pasta cooking water spilled onto my left hand. It is kinda funny that I have been cooking for years but this is the first time I ever get burned-out by boiling water, and I just know how much it hurts, hahaa.. Hopefully it will not happen again. (^ ^)

Anyway, if you are just get doused by a very hot water, or having a minor burn, this first aid treatment might help you out. You can do it first in your home before go to the doctor (or if you don't wanna go)..

1. Immediately hold it under cold, running cold water for 10 to 25 minutes, or immerse the burn in cold water or cover it with cold compresses. Don't put ice directly against the burn!
2. Once the burn has cooled via cold water or compress, apply lotion to the burned area. Lotion may soothe any discomfort that you feel, and will also prevent dryness.
3. After moisturized the burn, cover it with sterile gauze bandage. Wrap the bound loosely, don't put too much pressure to the wound.

Oh, and my friend told me that if you have aloe vera plant, you can cut it and rub the gel inside it directly to your skin. I just know how aloe vera is really good for your skin. It could help the majority of skin complaints. By the way I just read that it is actually good for your health too. It said that aloe vera is useful for both external and internal use. Interested? Check the article here..

You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Dancing Fingers

Flickr Images